Welcome to Lagos

Saturday 24 April 2010

The title of this post comes from a BBc doccie that aired this week. My twitter timeline was full with tweets about this doccie so I had a look. I'm glad I did cause now i can say i have an iota of an idea how resilient and resourceful these folk can be. Its no secret Nigerians are hustlers, from 419 to legit business anything to survive.

Sadly though, the documentary only concentrated on the slum dwellers. which was a shame I'm sure Naija has more to offer than this. On a brighter note I will say that the folk depicted in the film were some of the most positive people I have seen. It made me reflect on the things I worry about, which are REAL problems just like everybody else's but sitting on my ass sulking and asking God why me aint the answer. i just gotta keep on living.

It also reminded me of real hard work I had forgotten what that was about. Anyway check out this great documentary. Its up on youtube just search BBc welcome to lagos. Its a two part episode and with youtube's video restrictions of 10 min you'll have to see it it in ten min parts each episode should have 6 of these. Check it out and lemme know your thoughts.

Lagos: How It Works

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada