Hip-Hop

Sunday 11 April 2010

Avril LavigneImage by .Storm via Flickr
It’s sad how I fed in that junk day in day out. It was the aloha and omega of my music world. I never questioned it. Always stayed loyal. Not anymore.

Since this revelation I’m looking at my life and letting go of all the things that don’t make sense anymore. All those things that have been catching a free ride due to complacency on my part and my lack of scrutiny of habits formed over the years. Reinvention is my new religion. Newness everyday. I don’t wanna be the same olg G. Cool as that sounds. I wanna be a better version of myself each progressive day. Not the same old G hanging with the same ole crew. Growth is beautiful it’s vital in the process of life so as to not get jaded with it. Which can lead to depression I should imagine. I hold no loyalties Friends. I can’t guarantee that I’ll always be me. Me happens to be too big too wide to high to be defined. I’m growing y’all and I simply love it. Just embracing my thoughts.
Jamming to la roux at the minute. This album is all types of awesome. ( album goes by the artist name, if you wanna cop that.)
Lyrics are crazy good. Their young fun and original perfect stuff to my current boy situation.
I’m starting to think hiphop was a blemish. I can’t justify that stuff they sing about. Plus it just makes you wanna live beyond your means. Start craving for a lifestyle you may or may not need. I’m taking back my mind. I hear proclaim to stop listening to misogynistic music. I don’t wanna claim self righteousness merely responsibility. I have to justify my music. It’s gotta make sense. And I gotta relate.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada